The EU4Business project announces today the commencement of 34 development projects worth EUR 4.7 million to assist tourism, agri-food and rural development sectors and foster entrepreneurship in Bosnia and Herzegovina, thus contributing to increased competitiveness and job retention and creation.
The projects were selected according to criteria of these 4 Calls for Proposals, published in the period 2019-2020 by EU4Business:
- Development partnerships in tourism,
- Farmers and cooperatives engaged in the primary production, and
- small and medium enterprises and cooperatives working on adding value to agricultural products and marketing.
The total value of the projects amounts to EUR 6.5 million, including applicants’ own investments.
The following projects are supported by the EU4Business project:
- Support Youth in IT Technologies Programme, Local partnership Banja Luka;
- Sarajevo Center – Center of Entrepreneurship, Local partnership Sarajevo;
- Inter-municipal cooperation for better and more inclusive support to businesses, Local partnership Jablanica, Kakanj and Konjic;
- Agriculture and agro-tourism as a job opportunity, Local partnership Petrovac;
- TREIN – TRavnik Entrepreneurship and Innovation Network, Local partnership Travnik.
Agri-food sector and rural development:
|1) Agro Mašić d.o.o., Gradačac;
2) Agro Živanović d.o.o., Bijeljina;
3) Agro Stef d.o.o., Han Pijesak;
4) Andrić-Farm d.o.o., Pelagićevo;
5) Pavlović Brothers d.o.o., Šamac;
6) Farm Arsenić d.o.o., Kozarska Dubica;
7) Farm Brojler Product d.o.o., Prnjavor;
8) Farm Podhum d.o.o., Livno;
9) Farm Škundrić s.p., Prijedor;
10) SANEL agricultural trade, Odžak;
11) Eco Cheese Puđa d.o.o., Golinjevo/Miši;
|12) Farmavit d.o.o., Ljubinje;
13) MI TRIVAS d.o.o., Vijaka;
14) Dairy Farm Smajić d.o.o., Ratkovići;
15) Očuz trade, Uvorići;
16) Pašalić trade, Dolipolje;
17) Wine cellars Andrija d.o.o., Čitluk;
18) Wine cellars Vukoje 1982 d.o.o., Hrupjela;
19) Poljorad d.o.o., Turbe-Travnik;
20) Vimar grup d.o.o., Arnautovići; and
21) Wine cellars Jungić d.o.o., Markovac.
- Feel Kozara, Lead applicant: Agency for Economic Development of the City of Prijedor PREDA, Prijedor;
- Green Destination in the Upper Sana and Pliva River Valleys, Lead applicant: The Municipality of Mrkonjić Grad, Mrkonjić Grad;
- Old Railway Route, Lead applicant: Regional Development Agency REZ, Travnik;
- Sarajevo Outdoor City, Lead applicant: Lupon Ventures d.o.o., Sarajevo;
- Rock the Green Trail Via Dinarica, Leading Applicant – Faculty of Sport and Physical Education, Sarajevo;
- Enjoy Sarajevo – Romanija Region, Lead applicant: Jahorina Tourist Organization – City of East Sarajevo, East Sarajevo;
- Virtual Reality Inside Perućica, Lead applicant: Public Institution Sutjeska National Park, Foča;
- Ćiro – World Heritage Trail, Lead applicant: Regional Development Agency for Herzegovina REDAH, Mostar.
More details on each project can be found on the EU4Business interactive map: https://eu4business.ba/en/interactive-map/
Project EU4Business strengthens Bosnia and Herzegovina’s capacity for economic growth and employment by fostering competitiveness and innovation in selected sectors. Overall, EUR 10 million is available in grants. EU4Business is worth EUR 16.1 million. It is jointly funded by the European Union (EUR 15 million) and the Federal Republic of Germany (EUR 1.1 million). The project is jointly implemented by GIZ, UNDP and ILO, from April 2018 to March 2022.