More than EUR 1,6 million have been awarded in grants for partnerships dealing with the development of tourism products, better access to the international markets and greater utilisation of Information and Communication Technology. *
8 tourism development projects were selected based on criteria from the public Call for Proposals. The total value of the projects amounts to EUR 2,067,000, including the applicants’ investments.
The following projects were selected:
- “Feel Kozara”, the lead applicant: Agency for Economic Development of the City of Prijedor PREDA (Prijedor);
- “Green destinations”, the lead applicant: The Municipality of Mrkonjić Grad (Mrkonjić Grad);
- “Old Railroad Route”, the applicant: Regional Development Agency REZ (Travnik);
- “Sarajevo Outdoor City”, the lead applicant: Lupon Ventures d.o.o. (Sarajevo);
- “Rock the Green Trail Via Dinarica”, the lead applicant Faculty of Sport and Physical Education Sarajevo (Sarajevo);
- “Enjoy Sarajevo – Romanija Region”, the lead applicant: Jahorina Tourist Organization – City of East Sarajevo (East Sarajevo);
- “Virtual reality inside Perućica”, the lead applicant: Public Institution Sutjeska National Park (Foca);
- “Ćiro – World Heritage Trail”, the lead applicant: Regional Development Agency for Herzegovina REDAH (Mostar).
These projects are being implemented in the following two funding priorities:
- Cultural Tourism building on UNESCO Heritage proclaimed tangible and intangible sites (2 projects)
- Outdoor Tourism with locations along Via Dinarica Green Trail (6 projects)
More about each of these projects can be found on the interactive project map.
GIZ implements the tourism sector development part of the EU4Business project.